Open Excel Links Directly in Firefox Without Excel Lookup
I am attempting to configure Microsoft Excel 2007 and other Office 2007 programs to open Web site links directly in Mozilla Firefox instead of trying to look the links up before passing the request to Firefox.
That is, when clicking on a link in Excel, I
want Excel to immediately pass the request, including DNS lookup, etc.
to Mozilla Firefox.
Currently, many Web site links in Excel open quickly in Excel.
However, for some links in which redirection is employed, the following error message is displayed by Microsoft Excel:
Unable to open http://website.com (the URL of the link appears here) .
The Internet site reports that the item you requested could not be found.
With other links in which there is a noticeable delay, Excel attempts and eventually succeeds in passing the request to Firefox.
However, in these cases, clicking on the Web link produces no noticeable response from Excel for several seconds.
several seconds, the request is finally passed to Firefox and Firefox loads the site.
In an attempt to solve this problem, I followed the Microsoft Knowledgebase instructions on the following page -http://support.microsoft.com/kb/218153 .
Please note that these instructions
worked for Office 2007 on a Windows XP system and two Windows Vista 32-bit systems.
However, the registry edit described on this page did
not work for Office 2007 on a Windows 7 64-bit system.
I also ran Microsoft Office Diagnostics in an attempt to solve this problem with no success.
The version of Excel I am running is Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (12.0.6529.5000) SP2 MSO.
Some of my system's specs are as follows:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Dell Studio XPS 9000 desktop Intel Core i7 920 9 GB of RAM 750 GB hard drive with 486 GB free ATI Radeon HD 5400 video card
Is there another registry edit that will specifically work for Windows 7 64-bit?
Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.
Keys to the Problem Open Excel Links Directly in Firefox Without Excel Lookup
Manually editing the Windows registry to fix Error Open Excel Links Directly in Firefox Without Excel Lookup
Caution: Unless you an advanced computer user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Open Excel Links Directly in Firefox Without Excel Lookup:
How to Fix Open Excel Links Directly in Firefox Without Excel Lookup with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: my CD DVD burner does not burn Linked Excel Tables not Visible Menus Links not working in IE9 Links in Facebook don t work click and drag is not working in Outlook Web Access Microsoft Excel 2007 Excel Jump List Not Showing Recent Documents Windows 7 My home pc has windows vista my router is a Linksys WRT110 my laptop has windows 7 When I try to connect to the internet my laptop does not connect and it kicks thehome pc off the net WHY Help my laptop says it is not connected to the internet Macro not sorting all columns in worksheet My tiles on start screen will not open it tells me it cannot open with administrator and to open with another account What can I do my computer will not let me download internet explorer My Window 7 Ultimate N will not go into sleep mode on its own my paste does not work at all i cannot access my games i think i have a virus or bugs on my computer Network cable is unplugged msg AND wireless will not stay connected on Vista Live ca email is coming from one of my contacts and not me No Microsoft Word Starter 2010 opening Followed directions and now nothing What can I do Mouse cursor randomly turns into a big plus sign and does not act like a mouse cursor at all,A Complete List Of Commands In Word 2010's Equation Editor?,AMD Event Client Module,Anchoring A Watermark,Attach Any Document Or Photo Into Hotmail,APPCRASH VHStoDVD5Starter.exe
Read More: Solution to Problem: EFFICIENCY\/Task bar animation switch, from prompt up to fade in,Solution to Error: How do I retrieve emails from msntv2,Troubleshooting:Upon logo in blue screen I get a message of \"1 e-mail message\" checked all and no messages. How do I clear__this out? Error,Tech Support: Print Selected on Label Template,Solution to Error: Macro to copy varying prices of parts onto separate sheets,Error "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for the install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.",Problem with the Lenovo easy capture Application,Internet Explorer 8 History Filter BUG (Windows 7 Enterprise x32 Trial),Since updating to Windows 8.1, unable to disable my logon password and make computer go into sleep.,I tried to shrink my D drive to increase C, but thereare two MRT.exe files which cannot be moved or deleted. What do I do?