300 GB Fibre Channel Hard Drive reported as 68 GB in windows 7
Using an LSI7102XP Fibre Channel HBA and windows 7, a 300 Gigabyte Seagate Hard Drive is reported as only having 68 Gigabytes of capacity in the Disk Manager. The same HBA and computer running VISTA reports 300GB. No errors are reported and the media
is not formatted. I have tried using an older driver from LSI with no change in the results. I have upgraded the LSI HBA to the latest BIOS and Firmware with no change in the results.
Solutions to the Problem 300 GB Fibre Channel Hard Drive reported as 68 GB in windows 7
It sounds like you have no data stored on the drive? If so, try deleting any partitions on the drive, reboot and create and format a new single basic partition on the drive.
Have you tried running Seagate's Seatools on the drive? It is available here:http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/seatools/
Check if there are memory problems
Memory management issues can also cause a BSOD in Windows 7. Thankfully, Windows 7 has a Memory Management Diagnostic tool that detects and solves problems related to system memory.
- Click on the Start button on the Taskbar.
- Type "Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool" or "Memory" (without quotes) in the Search box or,
- Click on Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool (in the search results).
- Click on "Restart now and check for problems (Recommended)".
- The system will restart, and you need to follow the instructions given on the screen.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: 300 GB Fibre Channel Hard Drive reported as 68 GB in windows 7:
How to Fix 300 GB Fibre Channel Hard Drive reported as 68 GB in windows 7 with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer. Install it on your system.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Read More: 15 column scatter chart Tech Support,32-bit IE will no longer respond after running updates. 64-bit does open. 32 -bit ie default so get 30 not responding windows. [Solved],1440x900 Resolution will not change [Solved],Troubleshooting:2 problems with Vista and mail on new laptop Error,Fast Solution to Error: 64 bit vs 32 bit IE,15+ minute delay before boot up,64 MB graphics card and Windows 7,32 bit compilers on windows 7__,3rd-Party Software Update Notification,3GB RAM upgraded to 4GB but only 2.99GB available