32 bit compilers on windows 7__
32 bit compilers
I have some legacy 32 bit Fortran compilers which I use and work great on XP.
I have also tried the compilers on a Vista machine (32bit?) and they work fine.
I would like to upgrade to a Windows 7 machine.
I have tried my compiler on a Windows 7 home edition
desktop and it does not work on the dos window.
My question is can I install a 32 bit version of Windows on a new machine or do I have to upgrade home to to Windows professional and get a new 64 bit version of a Fortran Compiler? Can I purchase a 32 bit version of windows on a new PC?
Solutions to the Problem 32 bit compilers on windows 7__
You'll find the 32 bit version of Windows 7 will give you better support for 16 bit applications. Another option would be to use Windows XP Mode
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/, it will emulate a 32 bit XP machine.
To check for Windows updates
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click Install updates. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: 32 bit compilers on windows 7__:
How to Fix 32 bit compilers on windows 7__ with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: How to Fix 3371 Errors in Windows XP,7,8&8.1?,Repair Corrupt Cab Files Error - How to Fix,Skchui.dll Error - How to Fix,Symantec Antivirus Slows Down Computer Error - How to Resolve,Error Windows Xp System Restore Incomplete Fix Solution,How to Fix - After updating from Internet Explorer 6 to Internet Explorer 9, my Favorites are lost?,How to Fix - Combination Stacked-Clustered Chart in Excel - Align data with horizontal tick marks?,Solution to Error: Macro to search and copy rows to different sheets based on cell value,Need solution to this problem in order to stop Vista from beeping.__"Your version of Microsoft Deprecated DLL Components isn't compatible with this version of Windows",Server Error in '/' Application.Site also runtime error [Solved]
Read More: 64bit OS crash before reaching 50% RAM ? [Anwsered],[Solved] 4 GB RAM for Windows 7 32-bit. Good or Bad?,5 updates fail, error code 80073718 on Windows 8 [Solved],How to Resolve - 403 Forbidden Access for Google?,How to Resolve - 4gb memory shows 3gb usable Windows 7?,2 msn.com site,2007 Performance Issue / Very slow saves to network share,Can I use my HP D110A web service printer as a proxy server?,can i use a zoom 56k v.92/v.90 modem with 64b dileup? netzero said i might have the rong modem?,Can I downgrade to win 32-bit?