Active X component not initialized
I keep getting "The Active-X component was not initialized" when I try to have my iLok USB dongle recognized on iLok.com. It works fine on my other PC, but not the one where I actually need to use the device.
Both PCs are brand new Gateways running Win7
and IE8.0.760 I have gone through every suggestion from the iLok support folks as well as anything relevant I've found here. It has been a week with no results.
I have: - made sure to run the iLok driver install s/w as Admin - put the iLok.com site in the trusted zone - modified the security settings to low and enabled all Active X actions - killed the firewall - ensured DEP was OK - scanned for malware - and put
IE back to default state. Of course, multiple re-boots, driver un- and re-installs.
I'm IT savvy but this is killing me. Any insights appreciated.
Anwsers to the Problem Active X component not initialized
- Access the files on your computer via MY COMPUTER
- Under the C: drive, access the WINDOWS folder
- Select the SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION folder, followed by the DOWNLOAD folder.
- Delete any files within this download folder.
- If you are unable to delete these files, open the command prompt (CMD) as the administrator, and type "net stop wuauserv" into the CMD prompt window. Press ENTER. This should allow you to delete the files from step 4.
- Once the files are deleted, open and run the CMD as the administrator and type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow". Press ENTER.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Active X component not initialized:
How to Fix Active X component not initialized with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Run it, and it will scan your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed
Related: [Solved] Applications have stopped working with SP1 on Windows 7!,[Solved] I can't find auto complete text in word 2007,[Solution] I need to keep reinstalling eHome Infrared Transceiver driver everytime my computer shuts down.,How to Resolve - system restore not working windows 7?,Unable to open embedded word file on the intranet. [Solved],Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Tech Support: A problem caused RealPlay.exe to stop interacting with Windows.,[Solution] A secure site does not open in a new tab with Shift-Ctrl IE8,Troubleshoot:Action Center is showing backup as \"Monitoring Windows Backup through Action Center has been turn off by an administrator or another program”,Troubleshoot:Activate workbook and worksheet by partial name Error,How to Resolve - A bug in display thousends Sepatrator in excel 2013?,Cannot delete empty file icon on desktop...,Cannot download flashplayer,can't get the CIA review progrom install which is an older version,Cannot access one website-DNS server not responding.,Can't Receive or Send Vista Windows Mail - Router stopped recognizing DSL connection & wants to dial up