2011 Macbook Pro running Bootcamp Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit freezes randomly, beeping crackle sounds
Hello, my 2011 15in Macbook Pro running Bootcamp Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit experiencing hard freezes randomly, sometimes with loud, beeping crackle sounds.
This can happen while playing games or while simply browsing the web, but it's only happened
on the windows side of my computer.
Not in Mac OS X.
Sometimes the computer goes into sleep mode and can't be woken up, other times it just freezes with the loud distorted sound.
It happened once shortly after I reinstalled windows on the computer.
faulty RAM as I have recently upgraded from 4 to 8 gb and attempted to test the computer with memtest 86+, but the test interrupts and halts almost instantly after the test begins.
Running Apple Hardware test for 3 passes brought up no memory errors.
also run chkdsk and sfc /scannow and everything has checked out.
I've also noted that when the computer freezes when it is plugged in, removing the plug causes the computer to turn off.
If it is not plugged in when it freezes, plugging in the cable and removing
it also turns off the computer.
I've also run RegCure to see if any registry faults could be the culprit to no avail.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as this issue has proved frustrating resilient to all my attempts so far.
Anwsers to the Problem 2011 Macbook Pro running Bootcamp Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit freezes randomly, beeping crackle sounds
Boot into safe mode with networking and see if the issue persists.
If the issue does not occur in safe mode, boot your system in a clean boot state (in normal mode) to troubleshoot the issue.
See How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
Note: After troubleshooting, make sure to put the computer to start as usual as mentioned in
Step 7 in the above KB article.
Optimize Windows 7 for better performance
Ways to improve your computer's performance
For further assistance, please contact Boot Camp Support
Additionally, you may also post your query in the Boot Camp discussion forum:
Apple - Support - Discussions - Boot Camp
To check for Windows updates
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click Install updates. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: 2011 Macbook Pro running Bootcamp Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit freezes randomly, beeping crackle sounds:
How to Fix 2011 Macbook Pro running Bootcamp Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit freezes randomly, beeping crackle sounds with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will scan your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: 1327 Invalid Drive Z Error Code 80004004 Error Code 137 80072ee7 Fix 3315 Error 26 3213 1726 0X6be Error Code 1393 Acaptuser32 dll Error 3050 Biosinfo dll,Fast Solution to Fix Error 1017 Received Logging On To The Standby Error,Installation Error 1706 Error Fixer,Loopback Failure Error - How to Fix,How to Fix Pro Registry Cleaner Error,How to Fix Win 7 Installation Error Code: 0x800705070 Error Quickly
Read More: Troubleshoot:2010 Office Starter \"\"This version of Microsoft Application Virtualization is incompatible...Office Click-2-run\",How to Fix - 2 much svchost running on my computer?,Fast Solution to Error: 2007 single-language proofing pack for Russian,Troubleshooting:2 msn.com site Error,[Anwsered] 2003 vs. 2007 Color Conversion,IE 8: Can't Send Page by Email AND Can't Send Link by Email,I can't connect to yahoo.com for online gaming after installing ex9 is there a problem?,c drive says full with 58gb and drive d has 219gb how to fromat drive c for more gb,Automatic Spelling Correction in MS Excel 2007,Attempting to install a financial program and getting error with regsvr32