32 bit Windows 8.1 but with 64 bit processor
I have installed Windows 8.1 with 32 bit operating system.
I now discover that my desktop has a 64 bit processor.
What do I do?
Keys to the Problem 32 bit Windows 8.1 but with 64 bit processor
Manually editing the Windows registry
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, please do not edit the Windows registry manually.
Because of this risk, we highly recommend using a trusted registry cleaner such as SmartPCFixer Using a registry cleaner automates the process of finding invalid registry entries, missing file references (like the one causing your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error), and broken links within the registry. A backup is automatically created before each scan, with the ability to undo any changes in a single click, protecting you against the possibility of PC damage. The best part is that repairing registry errors can also dramatically improve system speed and performance.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
The next steps in manually editing your registry will not be discussed in this article due to the high risk of damaging your system. If you would like to learn more about manual registry editing, please see the links below.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: 32 bit Windows 8.1 but with 64 bit processor:
How to Fix 32 bit Windows 8.1 but with 64 bit processor with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: How to Fix 3371 Errors in Windows XP,7,8&8.1?,Repair Corrupt Cab Files Error - How to Fix,Skchui.dll Error - How to Fix,Symantec Antivirus Slows Down Computer Error - How to Resolve,Error Windows Xp System Restore Incomplete Fix Solution,How to Fix - After updating from Internet Explorer 6 to Internet Explorer 9, my Favorites are lost?,How to Fix - Combination Stacked-Clustered Chart in Excel - Align data with horizontal tick marks?,Solution to Error: Macro to search and copy rows to different sheets based on cell value,Need solution to this problem in order to stop Vista from beeping.__"Your version of Microsoft Deprecated DLL Components isn't compatible with this version of Windows",Server Error in '/' Application.Site also runtime error [Solved]
Read More: 7 vs. Vista Tech Support,How Can I Fix - 4GB of ram only showing 2.61GB of ram.?,Solution to Error: 64g ssd with a 500g regular drive,How to Resolve - 32-bit internet explorer not working and adobe flash not working for 64-bit internet explorer?,How to Fix - 7 Starter faulty Desktop icons when left clicked?,2 msn.com site,2007 Performance Issue / Very slow saves to network share,Can I use my HP D110A web service printer as a proxy server?,can i use a zoom 56k v.92/v.90 modem with 64b dileup? netzero said i might have the rong modem?,Can I downgrade to win 32-bit?