Wednesday, March 30, 2016

[Solved] Abnormally high CPU usage from svchost.exe [SOLVED]

Abnormally high CPU usage from svchost.exe [SOLVED]

Occasionally after windows automatically updates, my laptop will restart with abnormally high CPU usage.
I checked my processes and found that "svchost.exe*32 - SYSTEM - winrscmde" appeared to be using most of the CPU.

 When attempting to "Go to Service(s)" no service was highlighted.


As a last ditch effort in a long list of fixes I tried(including scanning my pc with multiple malware and virus detection programs, restarting the computer again and trying a manual fix I found in a forum somewhere else)

 I simply chose svchost.exe*32, then clicked "Open file location" and double clicked the svchost application, opening a new svchost.exe*32 and

ending the old process and it seems to have solved my problem for the time being, but I can't help but wonder
what caused this problem in the

first place?
[EDIT]:  I fixed my problem another way, apparently somehow a rootkit was causing the problem?
It started out as a problem with all regular google sites, ads and services not being able to be displayed on my browser.
I searched the web for answers and found that someone else had the exact same problem and used a combination of Rkill and TDSKill executable programs to stop malware processes and remove rootkits.
I never thought of this before because i had no idea what
a rootkit was.

After rebooting google worked fine and i found that the particular service host.exe file that had been causing me so much trouble was gone and not running, also my computer runs smoother than ever!

Solutions to the Problem Abnormally high CPU usage from svchost.exe [SOLVED]

Download SmartPCFixer for Free Now

I fixed my problem another way, apparently somehow a rootkit was causing the problem? It started out as a problem with all regular google sites, ads and services not being able to be displayed on my browser.
I searched the web for answers and found that
someone else had the exact same problem and used a combination of Rkill and TDSKill executable programs to stop malware processes and remove rootkits.I never thought of this before because i had no idea what a rootkit was.
After rebooting google worked fine
and i found that the particular service host.exe file that had been causing me so much trouble was gone and not running, also my computer runs smoother than ever!

Run CHKDSK

  • Go to the Start button.
  • In the Search box, type "cmd" (without quotes) and press Enter.
  • At the command prompt, type "chkdsk /r /f" (without quotes) and press Enter.
  • Reboot your computer.
NOTE: You might receive an error message that states:

"Access denied as you do not have significant privileges. You have to invoke this utility in elevated mode."

If you receive the above error message, it means you are not logged into you computer as an Administrator. If that's the case, follow these steps to run the command prompt in elevated mode:

  • Go to theStart button.
  • Go to "All Programs > Accessories" and right click on "Command Prompt".
  • Select "Run as Administrator".
  • In the Search box, type "cmd" (without quotes) and press Enter.
  • At the command prompt, type "chkdsk /r /f" (without quotes) and press Enter.
  • Reboot your computer.

Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Abnormally high CPU usage from svchost.exe [SOLVED]:

How to Fix Abnormally high CPU usage from svchost.exe [SOLVED] with SmartPCFixer?

1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer.  Open it, and it will scan your system. The errors will be shown in the scan result.

2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.

3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.


Related: [Solved] Applications have stopped working with SP1 on Windows 7!,[Solved] I can't find auto complete text in word 2007,[Solution] I need to keep reinstalling eHome Infrared Transceiver driver everytime my computer shuts down.,How to Resolve - system restore not working windows 7?,Unable to open embedded word file on the intranet. [Solved],Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: A problem when any one enter the digital voice chat which there is no solution so far in the Middle East Tech Support,How Can You Fix - A shadow copy could not be created when creating system image again after restoring from the system image?,Solution to Problem: 8GB sandisk flash drive not reflecting full space available,How to Fix - Ad- Ons? - What are they and how do I enable them??,How Can You Fix - Action Center Popup PLEASE HELP?,Cannot delete empty file icon on desktop...,Cannot download flashplayer,can't get the CIA review progrom install which is an older version,Cannot access one website-DNS server not responding.,Can't Receive or Send Vista Windows Mail - Router stopped recognizing DSL connection & wants to dial up

No comments:

Post a Comment