64 bit internet explorer is required to install this application.
I got this message while trying to setup a VPN tunnel.
I am running explorer 9 on a 64 bit computer.
I tried to install Internet Explorer 9, 64 bit and got a message that I am running a newer version, any suggestions on what is going on with this?
Anwsers to the Problem 64 bit internet explorer is required to install this application.
If it's a Win7 64-bit computer, you have two versions of Internet Explorer: IE 32-bit (the default) and IE 64-bit (cannot be the default).
Shortcuts to both should be listed in your Start menu.
The executable for IE 32-bit is located here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
The executable for IE 64-bit is located here:
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
See this "sticky" for more details & info about IE 32-bit vs.
IE 64-bit on a Win7 64-bit computer:
Welcome to the wonderful world of 64-bit computing!
- Access the files on your computer via MY COMPUTER
- Under the C: drive, access the WINDOWS folder
- Select the SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION folder, followed by the DOWNLOAD folder.
- Delete any files within this download folder.
- If you are unable to delete these files, open the command prompt (CMD) as the administrator, and type "net stop wuauserv" into the CMD prompt window. Press ENTER. This should allow you to delete the files from step 4.
- Once the files are deleted, open and run the CMD as the administrator and type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow". Press ENTER.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: 64 bit internet explorer is required to install this application.:
How to Fix 64 bit internet explorer is required to install this application. with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Run it, and it will scan your system. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: How to Fix 3371 Errors in Windows XP,7,8&8.1?,Repair Corrupt Cab Files Error - How to Fix,Skchui.dll Error - How to Fix,Symantec Antivirus Slows Down Computer Error - How to Resolve,Error Windows Xp System Restore Incomplete Fix Solution,How to Fix - After updating from Internet Explorer 6 to Internet Explorer 9, my Favorites are lost?,How to Fix - Combination Stacked-Clustered Chart in Excel - Align data with horizontal tick marks?,Solution to Error: Macro to search and copy rows to different sheets based on cell value,Need solution to this problem in order to stop Vista from beeping.__"Your version of Microsoft Deprecated DLL Components isn't compatible with this version of Windows",Server Error in '/' Application.Site also runtime error [Solved]
Read More: Fast Solution to Problem: 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate very slow navigate,5 updates fail, error code 80073718 on Windows 8 [Solved],[Solved] 404 server error,64 bit provider for Microsoft ACE OLEDB [Solved],[Anwsered] 64bit Virtual PC in a Windows 7 ultimate 64bit operating system,2 msn.com site,2007 Performance Issue / Very slow saves to network share,Can I use my HP D110A web service printer as a proxy server?,can i use a zoom 56k v.92/v.90 modem with 64b dileup? netzero said i might have the rong modem?,Can I downgrade to win 32-bit?