Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Troubleshoot:2007 wants to save my *.xlsx when I haven't made any changes

2007 wants to save my *.xlsx when I haven't made any changes

I have a bunch of old MS Excel files.
Some Excel 2003 *.xls.
Others Excel 2007 *.xlsx.
Some I created a while ago.
Others I inherited from someone else.
 
With some, if I open them, make NO changes, then close them, they close just fine and I'm done.
 
Yet, with others, if I open them, make NO changes, then close them, Excel asks me:
 
     "Do you want to save the changes you made to 'my_excel_file.xlsx'?"
 
What's up with that? Why does Excel ask me to save changes that I never made? Is there an option I can check on/off to enable/disable this behavior?

Solutions to the Problem 2007 wants to save my *.xlsx when I haven't made any changes

Download Error Fixer (Free)

Hi,
 
One likely cause is that you have volatile formula in the workbook that are changing when you open it.
The most obvious example of which is =NOW() which inserts the current date/time but there are other less obvious ones.
have a look here.
 
 
http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecretsi.htm
 
No there isn't an option to shut this off.

Note: It is recommended that you back up your files and folders before attempting this step:

  • Move the mouse cursor over to the upper right side of the screen.
  • A menu will pop up on the left. Click on the "Settings" feature on the menu.
  • On the Settings window, click on the "Change PC settings."
  • Now, left click on the "Update and recovery" feature.
  • For the next step, left click on the "Recovery" feature.
  • There is an option here saying "Refresh your PC without affecting your files." There, left click on the "Get started" button.
  • Now, follow the instructions on the screen to finish the Refresh process.
  • After the Refresh process has finished restart your Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 device.
  • Check again to see if the error 2007 wants to save my *.xlsx when I haven't made any changes has been fixed.

If you do not possess the technical expertise required to accomplish this yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, download and install a powerful automated tool to get the job done.

Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: 2007 wants to save my *.xlsx when I haven't made any changes:

 

 

How to Fix 2007 wants to save my *.xlsx when I haven't made any changes with SmartPCFixer?

1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your system. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.

2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.

3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.


Related: 1327 Invalid Drive Z Error Code 80004004 Error Code 137 80072ee7 Fix 3315 Error 26 3213 1726 0X6be Error Code 1393 Acaptuser32 dll Error 3050 Biosinfo dll,Fast Solution to Fix Error 1017 Received Logging On To The Standby Error,Installation Error 1706 Error Fixer,Loopback Failure Error - How to Fix,How to Fix Pro Registry Cleaner Error,How to Fix Win 7 Installation Error Code: 0x800705070 Error Quickly
Read More: How to Fix Problem - 2007 Office Word and Excel Suddenly Stop Working?,How Can I Fix - 21997 error persists even after JRE ver 6 update 20. Why??,2 versions of Internet Explorer 9, 1st version 64 bit - 2nd version of Internet Explorer also 9,[Anwsered] 2003 vs. 2007 Color Conversion,How to Resolve - 2 days to update!?!?,IE 8: Can't Send Page by Email AND Can't Send Link by Email,I can't connect to yahoo.com for online gaming after installing ex9 is there a problem?,c drive says full with 58gb and drive d has 219gb how to fromat drive c for more gb,Automatic Spelling Correction in MS Excel 2007,Attempting to install a financial program and getting error with regsvr32

No comments:

Post a Comment