350 p, 35 mb Word doc crashes after refreshing (F9)
I have a ~350 pages and ~35 megabyte word (docx) file.
The document has cross references (some faulty), index, images, annotations, track of changes.
I can save it normally as long as I do not refresh the whole document.
When I select the whole document (Ctrl-A) and refresh it by pressing F9 everything is being upated (some error messages due to faulty file links appear).
However, when I try to save the updated document Word crashes.
I tried it on several computers, including
a computer running Word 2013.
It crashes everywhere when saving after refreshing.
What I tried (and problem persists):
- Open and repair
- Running Save mode
- Copying the whole document to a new (empty) word file
Any idea what to do?
Solutions to the Problem 350 p, 35 mb Word doc crashes after refreshing (F9)
Check if there are memory problems
Memory management issues can also cause a BSOD in Windows 7. Thankfully, Windows 7 has a Memory Management Diagnostic tool that detects and solves problems related to system memory.
- Click on the Start button on the Taskbar.
- Type "Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool" or "Memory" (without quotes) in the Search box or,
- Click on Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool (in the search results).
- Click on "Restart now and check for problems (Recommended)".
- The system will restart, and you need to follow the instructions given on the screen.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: 350 p, 35 mb Word doc crashes after refreshing (F9):
How to Fix 350 p, 35 mb Word doc crashes after refreshing (F9) with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your system. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: How to Fix 3371 Errors in Windows XP,7,8&8.1?,Repair Corrupt Cab Files Error - How to Fix,Skchui.dll Error - How to Fix,Symantec Antivirus Slows Down Computer Error - How to Resolve,Error Windows Xp System Restore Incomplete Fix Solution,How to Fix - After updating from Internet Explorer 6 to Internet Explorer 9, my Favorites are lost?,How to Fix - Combination Stacked-Clustered Chart in Excel - Align data with horizontal tick marks?,Solution to Error: Macro to search and copy rows to different sheets based on cell value,Need solution to this problem in order to stop Vista from beeping.__"Your version of Microsoft Deprecated DLL Components isn't compatible with this version of Windows",Server Error in '/' Application.Site also runtime error [Solved]
Read More: [Solution] 64 bit Vista compatability,[Solved] 3d over remote desktop gone after reinstalling drivers.,How to Resolve - 4gb memory shows 3gb usable Windows 7?,[Solution] 64-bit Windows cannot register FM20.DLL,[Anwsered] 4 minute delay in replying to, forwarding or compossing Hotmail or Outlook O.W.A., and browser freezes during this period.,2 msn.com site,2007 Performance Issue / Very slow saves to network share,Can I use my HP D110A web service printer as a proxy server?,can i use a zoom 56k v.92/v.90 modem with 64b dileup? netzero said i might have the rong modem?,Can I downgrade to win 32-bit?