2003 Excel XLW file is now considered a "picture file" when opened in 2010 Excel
Changing the file block settings in Excel 2010 had no effect. Moving one of the XLW files to a protected file location
had no effect. The excel.xlw file size (1.2mb) still registers but when opened - a microsoft office icon is in the center of the page
- no spreadsheet or data. When "properties" of file opened - a column opens on the right side of the screen talking about pictures
properties and verification of camera type? How do i get back my spreadsheet????
Anwsers to the Problem 2003 Excel XLW file is now considered a "picture file" when opened in 2010 Excel
If you navigate to the folder in explorer and right-click the file and use "open with" and choose Excel, does the file open properly? (or the equivalent in W7)
If it does, then do that again and choose to set Excel as the default application for the file.
Windows Recovery - Totally Fix All Errors including 2003 Excel XLW file is now considered a "picture file" when opened in 2010 Excel
- Click on the Start button on the Taskbar.
- Type "System Restore" (without quotes) in the Search box and hit Enter or,
- Click on System Restore (when you see System Restore pop up in the list of search results).
- Make sure the "Recommended restore" radio button is checked on the restore utility window.
- Click on Next and follow the instructions given.
Note: There is the option on the restore utility to select "Choose a different restore point". Unless you have a specific reason to select a different date and time than what Windows recommends, just select the recommended option stated in the steps above. If you choose to select another one, follow these steps:Click on that desired date and time, and Windows 7 will perform a scan for any affected programs in that restore point.
Once completed, click Next and follow the instructions given.
Once you have selected the restore point, your system will start the restoring process, after which you will have to restart the system.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: 2003 Excel XLW file is now considered a "picture file" when opened in 2010 Excel:
How to Fix 2003 Excel XLW file is now considered a "picture file" when opened in 2010 Excel with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: 1327 Invalid Drive Z Error Code 80004004 Error Code 137 80072ee7 Fix 3315 Error 26 3213 1726 0X6be Error Code 1393 Acaptuser32 dll Error 3050 Biosinfo dll,Fast Solution to Fix Error 1017 Received Logging On To The Standby Error,Installation Error 1706 Error Fixer,Loopback Failure Error - How to Fix,How to Fix Pro Registry Cleaner Error,How to Fix Win 7 Installation Error Code: 0x800705070 Error Quickly
Read More: 15+ minute delay before boot up Tech Support,Solution to Problem: 15 column scatter chart,How Can You Fix - 2 programs are no longer giving me the window to save files or import files.?,Solution to Error: 2013 Excel does not work,Troubleshoot:2-3 Times BSOD Everyday after Upgrading to Windows 8.1 Error,IE 8: Can't Send Page by Email AND Can't Send Link by Email,I can't connect to yahoo.com for online gaming after installing ex9 is there a problem?,c drive says full with 58gb and drive d has 219gb how to fromat drive c for more gb,Automatic Spelling Correction in MS Excel 2007,Attempting to install a financial program and getting error with regsvr32