problem to up date window vista code error 80073712
problem to update windows
Keys to the Problem problem to up date window vista code error 80073712
Hi Carlos A.
Welcome to Microsoft Answers Forum.
This issue may occur if the Component-Based Servicing (CBS) manifest is corrupted, in order to resolve this issue please follow the steps.
Run the System Update Readiness tool (Checksur.exe)
1. Download and run the System Update Readiness tool.
This tool runs a one-time scan for inconsistencies that may prevent future servicing operations.
A. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Security.
B. Under Windows Update, click Check for updates.
Important This update is offered on Windows Update only to computers that have a condition that the tool could resolve.
2. Try to install updates again
Note: After you run the tool, the Checksur.log file is saved in the following location:
In a default installation of Windows Vista, %systemroot% represents the Windows directory.
If this method does not resolve the issue, go to Method 2.
If you have not yet installed Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1), visit the Microsoft Download Center, and then download and install Service Pack 1.
To do this, follow these steps:
Exit all programs, and then click the following link:
Note Click the Download option on the download page, click Save , and then save the download to your desktop.
When the download process is complete, click Run to install SP1.
Restart the computer.
Try to download updates again.
Still if you cannot install updates, try Method3
Perform a repair installation of Windows Vista
When you perform a repair installation, this restores the current Windows Vista installation to the version on the installation DVD.
This requires you to reinstall all updates that are not included in that version of Windows Vista.
Restart the computer.
2. Insert the Windows Vista DVD in the computer's DVD drive.
Note If Windows does not automatically detect the DVD, click Start , type
Then, click Install Now .
3. Click Go online to obtain the latest updates for installation (recommended) .
4. Insert the product key if you are prompted for it.
5. Click to accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
6. On the Which type of installation to you want screen, click Upgrade .
7. When the installation is complete, restart the computer, and then try to install updates again.
Thanks & Regards,
Hope this helps.
Let us know the results.
Vijay – Microsoft Support
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think
Use the System File Checker tool to repair corrupted or missing system files:
- Click Start.
- Type cmd, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to open the elevated command prompt (I.e. Command prompt with administrative rights).
- The User Account Control window should appear, be sure that the action it exhibits is correct, and then press the Continue button.
- Type or copy paste the below command line into it without quotes:
- "Sfc /scannow"
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: problem to up date window vista code error 80073712:
How to Fix problem to up date window vista code error 80073712 with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer. Install it on your system.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: Problem With Desktop System Icons (Win7 Ultimate SP1, 32-bit),My Invoices & Estimates Deluxe 10 Set Trouble,Constant BSOD, SFC Found Problems But Unable To Resolve,Excel Worksheet W/ Drop Downs,Urlmon.dll Not There, But Actually Is,I Have Been Accessing An Excel File Located On My Desktop With My Laptop. Suddenly, I Get A Message Saying This File Cannot Be Opened.,Automatic Changing Cell Colours,I Now Have A Windows Internet Explorer Add-ons Disabled Message,Dosent Show Attachment In Hotmail With Internet Explorer 9 Windows 7,Partition Recovery With Windows 7
Read More: [Solved] IE8 and add-ons,Autocorrect won't let me choose the radio buttons after \"replace text as you type\" [Solved],How to Fix Error - my computer skips when I am typing. It will jump to a different line.?,new router = dns error after running network diagnostics again and again, only one page displays then stops. tried resetting IE8, on XP tablet,Getting on Yahoo Games- IE9 just hangs,How to download Ovi suite,Frequent Shut Downs / Blue Screen and AMD Driver Error,msn & outlook won't stay loged in when I check the box. "keep logged in",Computer keeps saying that I have limited access to all wifi networks and won't connect me to any of them, how do I fix this?