Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Troubleshooter of Error: How to use a series of data from one table (type of food, calories, fat, etc) and easily enter it into another table?

How to use a series of data from one table (type of food, calories, fat, etc) and easily enter it into another table?

I am working on a little "calorie counter." I have created a table with all of the foods that I currently have in my kitchen.
The columns include the food type, protein, carbs, and calories.
I have also created a table for each meal that I have throughout
the day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner).
I am trying to make it easier to enter the foods, protein, etc and was wondering if it is possible to reference my food database by simply typing chicken or whatever I am eatimg and it will automatically enter the values
for protein, carbs, fat, and calories that I have entered into my original table.

I have tried creating a custom auto-fill series, but it prevents my formulas that keep track of the totals for each section from working properly.

Any input/advice to help me out with this problem? I tried to describe what I am trying to do as best as I could.
Searched for about an hour now on google and cannot find anything that has help nor have any idea what to search for.

Solutions to the Problem How to use a series of data from one table (type of food, calories, fat, etc) and easily enter it into another table?

Download Error Fixer for Free Now

Hello,
 
let's say your database is on Sheet2, with the food name in colulmn A, carbs in column B, protein in column C, etc, and it has 100 rows.
 
On Sheet1 you enter the food name into cell A1 and in B1 you want to show the carbs for that food.
You can use the formula
 
=vlookup(A1,Sheet2!A1:C100,2,False)
 
This will look for the value in A1 in column A of Sheet2.
When it finds the value in column A, it will return the value from column B of the same row.
Column B is the 2nd column in the lookup table.
If you want to return the
value from column C, then use a 3 instead.
 
Does that help?
 
cheers,

Make Sure that your System Meets the System Requirements

Microsoft Windows Requirements :

  • 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
  • 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
  • 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

You need to double-check your computer's hardware configuration against the following Microsoft requirements. If your PC hardware is not up to par, then make sure you update where necessary before continuing.

Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: How to use a series of data from one table (type of food, calories, fat, etc) and easily enter it into another table?:

 

 

How to Fix How to use a series of data from one table (type of food, calories, fat, etc) and easily enter it into another table? with SmartPCFixer?

1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system.  Run it, and it will scan your system. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.

3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.


Related: Anyone Having Trouble Opening Yahoo Mail Through IE8?,0x80070001 Error When Doing Windows Backup,Active X Controls I E 9,After Sending An E Mail,the Lower Right Corner Now Shows, Sending Mail, Rather Than Connecting And Stops Normal Activity Of E Mail Functions. How To Get Rid Of "sending Mail" Notice,Assembling A Manuscript With Multiple Chapters In Individual Files,Printer No Printing From Email,How To Sum Range VBA Depending On Fill Down,Comparision Of Two Cell At A Time & Result In Tick,Windows 7 Pro Freezes Windows Every 60 Seconds When Using Windows Applications,Windows 8 And Pinning On Start Menu,Recorded Dvd Movies And Sound Do Not Sync.,How To Format Fat 32,Simple Table Not Behaving Correctly,Word Starter Open With Previous Document,IE 11 Seems Notto OPEN When Pinned To Taskbar.
Read More: How do I hold a changing value. [Solved],[Solved] Can I get help with fixing error code 0xC004E002 on my vista program. I cannot log on to my laptop,[Solution] what do I do about a Server Error in '/GS' Application,Windows Live Movie Maker Reduces Volume of the Original Video... [Anwsered],redim preserve data sorting order,IE 8 Need to print youtube embedded static images on regular web pages.,SEARCH INDEX CHANGES WITHOUT PERMISSION,Display Mode Selection and Aero Previews Disappear,SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION from netio.sys started 2 days ago for no apparent reason,I have a backup program surviving from a previous computer. How can I remove it?

No comments:

Post a Comment