Unable to open Task Manager"Windows Can Not access C:\windows\system32\taskmng.exe"
Original Title: Big trouble
I was bored and started exploring windows 8.
and not in a good way.
and now i am "locked" out off my own computer.
i can not open the C drive or task manager or install any software at all.
When i try to open task manager it gives the following dialog box
"Windows Can Not access C:\windows\system32\taskmng.exe"
When i try to open any thing i gives the same statement but with diff name etc.
i was trying to make my self the "primary User" by changing the settings in
Computer properties >Security> Groups or user names
Please help asap.
I cant even reinstall windows.
Solutions to the Problem Unable to open Task Manager"Windows Can Not access C:\windows\system32\taskmng.exe"
Note: It is recommended that you back up your files and folders before attempting this step:
- Move the mouse cursor over to the upper right side of the screen.
- A menu will pop up on the left. Click on the "Settings" feature on the menu.
- On the Settings window, click on the "Change PC settings."
- Now, left click on the "Update and recovery" feature.
- For the next step, left click on the "Recovery" feature.
- There is an option here saying "Refresh your PC without affecting your files." There, left click on the "Get started" button.
- Now, follow the instructions on the screen to finish the Refresh process.
- After the Refresh process has finished restart your Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 device.
- Check again to see if the error Unable to open Task Manager"Windows Can Not access C:\windows\system32\taskmng.exe" has been fixed.
If you do not possess the technical expertise required to accomplish this yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, download and install a powerful automated tool to get the job done.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Unable to open Task Manager"Windows Can Not access C:\windows\system32\taskmng.exe":
How to Fix Unable to open Task Manager"Windows Can Not access C:\windows\system32\taskmng.exe" with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: Startup Error Failed to connect to a Windows service System Event Notification Service sic Task Scheduler not always closing down program text wrap not working in Word Upgraded my computer from Windows Vista to Windows 7 Now my Lexmark Z515 printer will not work Can someone please help me The drivers for USB 2 0 arent showing up and dont seem to be usable I have ServicePack s 1 thru 3 The drivers used to show and work but not any more Is there a way I can get them back so my 2 0 items will work properly Symbols are not displayed in PDF when word is converted to pdf using Save As PDF Microsoft Addin The Security Center has not recorded an antivirus product when tried to generate System Health Report When conducting a search on Google or Bin search results are not visible I get a blank white page Ulead Photo Express 5 SE does not work with Win7 USB 2 0 devices plugged into USB 3 0 do NOT appear in Safely Remove HW VBA Excel find matching list files and copy to another folder What can I do to eliminate the not responding message I constantly get Web Proxy Not Responding USB Microsoft Mouse Not working upon boot whatsapp not connecting What should I do if my CD Drive reads some CDs but not others,Issues With Downloads And Installations Since Fresh Install Of Windows 7 64bit,Windows 8 - Browsers Font Rendering Issue! Blocky Fonts Text,Why Some Of Links Are Not Functioning In Web Pages (IE8)?,Internet Stops Working,Nesting Functions???,IMesh Is Not Working Only Minimizes,I Can't Uninstall ITunes And SupportSolutionsFramework.msi,I Have 3 Columns Out Of Many Columns Of Data Each With Hundreds Of Rows, I Need To Identify The Lowest Number In Each Row For These Three Columns Only And Reference The Column Title For That Particular Number.,Divide Information Into Two Columns,My Asus T100 Transformer Wont Turn On
Read More: How to Fix - Lookup Multple Criteria and output multipe values (INDEX & MATCH) FUNCTION ??,SAPI 5.4 Multilingual support [Solved],How do I hold a changing value. [Solved],,Tech Support: HP Vista Laptop Recovery Partition to Windows 7,Alps pointing device stops working and resumes.,Attempting to use Conditional Formating with a variable,internet options not opening on IE 10,cannot open my emails. they are there but will not open,Microsoft Works 9 does not keep History items.