Wednesday, February 24, 2016

How to Fix Problem - I can't open older word documents with office starter?

I can't open older word documents with office starter

I recently bought a new computer with Windows 7.
My old computer had XP.
I transfered my files to my new computer but I cannot open any of my older Word files.
Is there any way I can with Office 2010 starter?

Anwsers to the Problem I can't open older word documents with office starter

Download SmartPCFixer to Fix It (Free)

Assuming the Office 2010 trial has not expired, see
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922849
wrote in message news:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
I recently bought a new computer with Windows 7.
My old computer had XP.
I transfered my files to my new computer but I cannot open any of my older Word files.
Is there any way I can with Office 2010 starter?

Graham Mayor - Word MVP
www.gmayor.com
Posted via the Communities Bridge
http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/

Run CHKDSK

  • Go to the Start button.
  • In the Search box, type "cmd" (without quotes) and press Enter.
  • At the command prompt, type "chkdsk /r /f" (without quotes) and press Enter.
  • Reboot your computer.
An error might pop up:

"Access denied as you do not have significant privileges. You have to invoke this utility in elevated mode."

If you receive the above error message, it means you are not logged into you computer as an Administrator. If that's the case, follow these steps to run the command prompt in elevated mode:

  • Go to theStart button.
  • Go to "All Programs > Accessories" and right click on "Command Prompt".
  • Select "Run as Administrator".
  • In the Search box, type "cmd" (without quotes) and press Enter.
  • At the command prompt, type "chkdsk /r /f" (without quotes) and press Enter.
  • Reboot your computer.

Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: I can't open older word documents with office starter:

 

 

How to Fix I can't open older word documents with office starter with SmartPCFixer?

1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your system. When you open it, it will perform a scan.

2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.

3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.


Related: Babylon dictionary doesn t pop up when I use its activation hotkey on a text in Windows environment realtek drivers download Does a Windows 7 Installer Cleanup Utility exist realtek audio driver windows 7 I have multiple updates eleven that will not install on Windows 7 Pro This has been an issue for many months Please help realtek audio driver windows 7 Printing messages on Windows Mail realtek drivers download Sporadic Windows Explorer has stopped working even after hot fixes and repair install realtek driver Windows 7 won t load to login screen it keeps loading starting windows fixed realtek audio driver download Windows Server 2003 64bit Terminal Server has 2 mouse pointers when connecting via RDP realtek audio drivers three Scroll as a result of the record of hardware set up until you come across “Enhanced Display” listed.,Office 2103 - Word Works, Excel Won't Even Load.,Start Excel In Fullscreen Mode,Cannot Connect To Home Network After Connecting To Internet At Duke University,Error Code 1402 : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MSFS,Windows Update Install Error Code 8007371C
Read More: [Solved] Opening back up files,Cannot access my second monitor from my Dell Inspirion 3521 ,[Anwsered] Why IE 8 closes tabs?,Cannot find Windows Essentials on the program list. [Solved],Troubleshoot:\"bundleSetup icon\" has appeared on my desktop.,Screen flickers while browsing. __,Want to stop Word from asking me if I want to merge documents(Office),Qualcom Atheros,Windows 7 - Black Screen,IE 8 on windows 7 or 8? I need it to access business portals that do not support 9 or higher

No comments:

Post a Comment