All of a sudden cannot connect to home network on XP
I got the error message "windows cannot configure this wireless connection...If you want Windows to configure this wireless connection, start the Wireless Zero Configuration Service...see article 871122 in the Microsoft Knowledge Base on the microsoft.com
Well, I could find the article with no problem on my desktop computer. But naturally i cannot download ANYTHING on my netbook because i can't get on the internet.
Why is this happening? What can i do.
Keys to the Problem All of a sudden cannot connect to home network on XP
1) make sure that u run "NET START WZCSVC" at the command line as soon as u log into WINDOWS-XP (START, RUN, NET START WZCSVC (command line)).
2) START, CONNECT TO, WIRELESS INTERNET CONNECTION
-->under "GENERAL" Tab: (1) Right-click onto Wireless Internet Connection; (2) click onto Properties; (3) make sure that ALL ITEMS under Heading "THIS CONNECTION USES THE FOLLOWING ITEMS" are FULLY FUNCTIONAL, i.e.
UNCLICK THE ONES THAT ARE NOT ACTIVE~!
(I recently deactivated AVG, and this item was inadvertently clicked on~!);
-->under "ADVANCED" Tab: run NETWORK SETUP WIZARD to reset your network
3) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/871122 --> RUN "FIX THIS PROBLEM" (ms-fix 50469)
If you failed to fix it, another option is to call Microsoft and walk through the process with a technician. To do this, dial "1-800-936-5700". Explain the error that you received and the steps in the update process during which it was displayed. The technician will be able to walk through the steps from getting a new product key to finishing the installation.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: All of a sudden cannot connect to home network on XP:
How to Fix All of a sudden cannot connect to home network on XP with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed
Read More: Troubleshooting:All my excel files have disappeared. I cannot find them in doctemp. How can I get them back again? Error,How to Fix Problem - all my mail is being intercepted .my name is not even on the header like it use to be .and it says x message i know someone is doing this how do i get rid of them??,How to Fix Error - all my exe file become lnk?,How Can You Fix - all my icons are the same thing and it opens whatever that icon is. Urgent!?,How to Fix - All my Help & Support opens as Notebook file?,All e-mails showing as attachments rather then displaying in the preview pane at the bottom.,all free space now used?.,All created checkboxes made by vba seems to be the same checkbox. The last one.,all emails, docs, music etc are being saved in the pictures library as well as appropriate locaton,all desktop icons default to whatever app I used to open the last program