After upgrading to Windows 8 from Windows 7, HDMI port do not work - VGA works
After upgrading to Windows 8 Pro from Windows 7 HDMI port do not work.
I read through all the threads in all forums and tried everything suggested, nothing works, period.
I see lot of replies from Microsoft support on this issue but i am sure they all
know upfront that this is the issue all over.
I think it do not make sense to post model and make of your laptop because the problem is all over in every brand.
I am 100% sure that the issue is related to Windows 8 and has nothing to do with Computer Maker,
Intel or Graphics card manufacturer.
Microsoft must address this.
I plan to go back to Windows 7 if no resolution in few weeks, On Win 7 HDMI port use to work perfectly fine.
After reading through all the forums related to this issue it sounds like Microsoft
support staff has no clue on this issue and resolution, they just keep suggesting fixes documented in the books, instead of actually addressing the problem.
One suggestion to Microsoft Support staff, before they suggest something they should try it out first,
i am sure in this case they did not.
Lenovo refused to help me even my laptop is in warranty, because it is Windows 8 specific issue.
Solutions to the Problem After upgrading to Windows 8 from Windows 7, HDMI port do not work - VGA works
Windows Error Reporting - To Fix After upgrading to Windows 8 from Windows 7, HDMI port do not work - VGA works
- Go to Start button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Windows Error Reporting.
- Click on System and Maintenance, then click Problem Reports and Solutions.
- Next, click Change Settings located on the left side panel of the Problem Reports and Solutions window.
- Select an option to configure how you want Windows to look for a solution to your problems. You may allow Windows to do it automatically or ask you every time to check if problem occurs.
- Next, click the Advanced settings link.
- Select Off to turn off Error Reporting.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: After upgrading to Windows 8 from Windows 7, HDMI port do not work - VGA works:
How to Fix After upgrading to Windows 8 from Windows 7, HDMI port do not work - VGA works with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: ,[Solution] Error Clean,Solution to Error: mozilla thunderbird not responding windows 7,Fast Solution to Error: 0x00405da8,Troubleshoot:Toolbar,Solution to Problem: Windows Media Player C00d1199 Windows 7,Solution to Error: Windows 7Function,Troubleshooting:Pc Code 9999 Error,Solution to Problem: Norton Svchost Exe Virus,[Anwsered] Error 2738
Read More: Troubleshoot:After Windows 7 system crashed, getting Runtime error Program:C:\\Windows\\system32\\nvvsvc.exe Error,How to Fix Problem - After Windows 7 SP1 Update - applications fail to start because side by side configuration is incorrect?,Troubleshoot:After upgrading to Windows 8.1, I can not open more than one photo at a time to upload to Shutterfly,After my computer name was changed, C:\\Users shows wrong user name,After the last Windows (4\/27\/11) update my homegroup no longer works,32 bit printer drivers for Windows 7 64 bit OS,Activecell range 2 columns loop until last column,about pc battery power,Acrobat Reader downlode also automatically downloaded McAfee Security Plus...question about this below.,A runtime error has occurred. example: Line32 Do you wish to DeBug?