Browser stops working after using "Browse" button on Facebook etc to upload file from HD
Recently the Browse button on Facebook (and other programs) has stopped working when I want to upload a file from my hard drive.
When I click on the Browse button the "Choose file to upload" window opens but then the browser (IE9, Chrome or Firefox) immediately
There are no error messages other than to annouce that the browser was stopped working.
However, when I boot in Sale Mode + Network, then the Browse button works OK and files can be uploaded without problem.
I have Win 7 Home Premium install.
Any advice welcomed!
Keys to the Problem Browser stops working after using "Browse" button on Facebook etc to upload file from HD
I have now removed Trusteer Rapport from my PC and this seems to have cured the problen.
I have no idea why and may try to re-instal Rapport later in case it had jsut become corrupted.
Windows Error Reporting - To Fix Browser stops working after using "Browse" button on Facebook etc to upload file from HD
- Go to Start button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Windows Error Reporting.
- Click on System and Maintenance, then click Problem Reports and Solutions.
- Next, click Change Settings located on the left side panel of the Problem Reports and Solutions window.
- Select an option to configure how you want Windows to look for a solution to your problems. You may allow Windows to do it automatically or ask you every time to check if problem occurs.
- Next, click the Advanced settings link.
- Select Off to turn off Error Reporting.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Browser stops working after using "Browse" button on Facebook etc to upload file from HD:
How to Fix Browser stops working after using "Browse" button on Facebook etc to upload file from HD with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your system. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: How to Download Toshiba Portege R500 HDD/SSD Alert Utility v.184.108.40.206 driver,Way to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite A355-S69403 Motorola Modem Region Select Utility v.220.127.116.11 driver,Where to Download Toshiba Satellite L305-S5926 HW Setup Utility v.2.00.11 driver,[Solved] Download Toshiba Satellite L675-S7115 Laptop Checkup v.18.104.22.168 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite M645-S4080 Media Controller v.22.214.171.124 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17
Read More: How to Fix - Built in webcam not working in Windows 7?,How to Fix Error - Burning part of a show from Windows Media Center to a DVD.?,bookmarks tool bar disappeared [Solved],Fast Solution to Problem: Browser History - is not getting deleted despite using \"Delete Browser History\" option,Troubleshooting:BSoD - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, STOP: C0000221 unknown Hard Error,All diagnostic tools give 0x800700C1, troubleshooting wizard can't continue,all files try to open with adobe,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open,All functions of my outlook are working except it will not let me "REPLY" or start a "NEW" email,all f1-f12 shortcuts not work