Thursday, April 28, 2016

How to Fix - All my icons were changed to Windows photo viewer?

All my icons were changed to Windows photo viewer

and every time I open an icon it says that windows photo viewer can't open it because I don't have the latest version of photo viewer I just want my icons back and have them open the right program

Keys to the Problem All my icons were changed to Windows photo viewer

Download SmartPCFixer for Free Now

It sounds like you could have a virus or other malware.
Get your antivirus program up to date and boot into
Safe Mode.
Note that some viruses can hide themselves from your antivirus program in normal mode, so you really need to scan in
Safe Mode.
To get into Safe Mode when you first power up, hit F8 about once a second until you get the menu and select Safe Mode.
Then run a full system scan.
-
Microsoft has suggestions and offerings at
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/how-do-I-remove-a-computer-virus
-
Forum moderator Keith has some suggestions along this line at
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/windows-explorer-has-stopped-working/6ab02526-5071-4dcc-895f-d90202bad8b3
-
If that fixes it, fine.
If not, use System Restore to go back to a date prior to the beginning of the problem.
To run System Restore, click Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.
Click the box that says
Show more restore points.

-
You can check for corrupted system files.
Open an administrator command prompt and run SFC if the above doesn't help.
Click START, then type
CMD in the search box, right-click CMD.EXE and click Run as administrator.
Then from the command prompt type
sfc /scannow.
-
Finally if all else fails, you can check the rather cryptic system event log.
To do that click Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer.
Once in Event Viewer click on the system log and scroll through the entries looking for those flagged
"error" to see if you can find hints as to where the problem could be.
`
When you get your system back in good working order, I urge you to back your system up to an external hard drive and make regular periodic updates to it.
-
I hope this helps.
Good luck.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair corrupted or missing system files:

  1. Click Start.
  2. Type cmd, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to open the elevated command prompt (I.e. Command prompt with administrative rights).
  3. The User Account Control window should appear, be sure that the action it exhibits is correct, and then press the Continue button.
  4. Type or copy paste the below command line into it without quotes:
  5. "Sfc /scannow"

Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: All my icons were changed to Windows photo viewer:

How to Fix All my icons were changed to Windows photo viewer with SmartPCFixer?

1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system.  Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.

2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.

3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed


Related:
Read More: Troubleshooting:All my excel files have disappeared. I cannot find them in doctemp. How can I get them back again? Error,All logoff attempts fail. 20% of power ups fail requiring a hard kill with the power button. Tech Support,[Solution] all my icons on my desktop changed to Microsoft Offoce picture manager. Every time I ty to get into a program microsoft office opens up. How can I fix this?,How to Resolve - All my toolbars are missing?,Troubleshooter of Error: all icons to word pad icons,all files try to open with adobe,All created checkboxes made by vba seems to be the same checkbox. The last one.,all emails, docs, music etc are being saved in the pictures library as well as appropriate locaton,All downloads hang and never complete,All icons show Adobe Reader

No comments:

Post a Comment