2 minute hang at "Welcome" screen, but only on Admin account.
I am running windows 7 x64.
I have a password for my main account, which is an admin account.
When I enter the password and hit enter, the "Welcome" screen stares at me for about 2 minutes before going to the desktop.
I can not figure out why this happens.
I have tried the "don't use a solid color background" fix.
I have tried unplugging all unnecessary USB devices.
I have unchecked ALL of the items in startup services.
I created a new user account that is not an admin account, and has no password.
When I select this account at startup, the "welcome" screen only appears for 1-2 seconds, and then goes to the desktop.
Why would my admin account hang so long on the welcome screen, but my other use account does not?
Both accounts have the same drivers and applications installed.
Any thoughts? I've been through a hundred forums, and have tried all the usual fixes, with no positive results.
Keys to the Problem 2 minute hang at "Welcome" screen, but only on Admin account.
Corruption cn be a number of things including registry entries.
So yes one account can work perfectly fine and a corrupt acount can have anything from minor to major problems.
Open a command Prompt by right clicking and select 'Run as Administrator' and then at the command prompt type: chkdsk /f /r then press the enter key.
This will check for drive/file corruption.
Never be afraid to ask.
This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: 2 minute hang at "Welcome" screen, but only on Admin account.:
How to Fix 2 minute hang at "Welcome" screen, but only on Admin account. with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Run it, and it will scan your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: 1327 Invalid Drive Z Error Code 80004004 Error Code 137 80072ee7 Fix 3315 Error 26 3213 1726 0X6be Error Code 1393 Acaptuser32 dll Error 3050 Biosinfo dll,Fast Solution to Fix Error 1017 Received Logging On To The Standby Error,Installation Error 1706 Error Fixer,Loopback Failure Error - How to Fix,How to Fix Pro Registry Cleaner Error,How to Fix Win 7 Installation Error Code: 0x800705070 Error Quickly
Read More: Troubleshooting:12gb of shared graphic memory GONE !,Tech Support: 1394 net adapter device cannot start Code 10 - Yellow flag,Troubleshoot:1x10001c30 address error \"unable to be written\" error message on shutdown started after downloading Explorer 8 and then deleting Explorer 8.,How Can I Fix - 21997 error persists even after JRE ver 6 update 20. Why??,2 Questions- Uninstalling IE and windows security center [Solved],IE 8: Can't Send Page by Email AND Can't Send Link by Email,I can't connect to yahoo.com for online gaming after installing ex9 is there a problem?,c drive says full with 58gb and drive d has 219gb how to fromat drive c for more gb,Automatic Spelling Correction in MS Excel 2007,Attempting to install a financial program and getting error with regsvr32