AutoPlay Windows 7 64 bit
I have a 64 bit system running Windows 7.
I have been unable to get AutoPlay to open whenever I insert a cd or dvd, I have changed the settings from Ask Me to Windows Media Player to Open with Windows Explorer......
but nothing I have tried has brought the
AutoPlay feature to life.
I have also tried the solution for a similar problem submitted by another user in April:
"my Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit install - Autoplay doesn't work, and hasn't since I was forced to reinstall a couple of weeks back.
Doesn't work for discs inserted"
""Check if the Group Policy Setting has been disabled for the Autoplay feature.
Note: Changing Group Policy Setting applies to only Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows Enterprise editions.
1. Click Start and in the Search box, type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
Now browse to Computer Configuration\ Administrative Templates\ Windows Components\ Autoplay Policies\ Turn off Autoplay.
2. To Enable:
Change the value of Turn off Autoplay to Disabled.
Note: This will enable the Autoplay feature.""
Still no success.
Windows explorer will read the files but AutoPlay will not open.
Any other suggestions or solutions?
Keys to the Problem AutoPlay Windows 7 64 bit
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: AutoPlay Windows 7 64 bit:
How to Fix AutoPlay Windows 7 64 bit with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: Autochk pauses 30 sec during bootup, after adding WD HDD to Win 7-64 SSD system,[Solved] At boot up - EIO CAN'T LOAD dialog box,How to Fix Error - Auto spell check stops working after document grows to a certain number of words.?,Troubleshoot:Auto Number\/ Auto Fill Error,How to Fix Error - Backup failure – “There was a failure in creating a directory on the backup storage location. Details: Access is Denied. Error Code: 0x8078014B”?,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?